[OSM-talk] weeklyOSM #382 2017-11-07-2017-11-13

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Nov 17 22:52:56 UTC 2017

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> I'm immensely thankful that we have the weekly, and that it has formed
> independently of the powers that be in the OSMF, and that it dares to
> report things the OSMF wouldn't necessarily blog about, and that they
> aren't required to submit to some OSMF redaction. I find something to
> dislike in every issue, but that's not the point; the fact that we have
> a free press at all more than makes up for that.

Frederik,
I think we are all thankful for the newsletter. And believe they are free
to publish to their own standards. However, because they use OSM resources
by publishing on our mailing lists they need respect our values. I don't
think asking a publication to be respectful to individuals is asking too
much.

Best,
Clifford

--