[OSM-talk] How to show school icons ?

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Fri Nov 24 12:23:58 UTC 2017

W dniu 24.11.2017 o 08:57, David SAUVAGE pisze:
> What would be the process to change this situation in order for school
> icons to be displayed on osm map with the same priority of a library ?

Let me quote what I've just wrote in the osm-carto issue tracker:

"We had a PR which was almost ready, but we were unable to decide how to
deal with label scaling, because we do this for schools and the icon is
not to be scaled. There are also other similar objects (like hospitals
etc), which use the icon, but don't use text scaling, so that would be
inconsistent.

So the most important thing is to find a rule for all such objects. If
we have it, rendering education icons could be made quite easily."

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]