[OSM-talk] finding overlapping buildings

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 02:01:04 UTC 2017

My gut feel is as simple as possible especially when dealing with larger
areas.

I loaded a 215 kb file into JOSM and found 181 duplicated buildings but
after dumping them in a todo list JOSM seemed reluctant to delete them one
at a time.

Could it work through a selected area?  There is already a crossing way
validation so selecting buildings only then validating for crossing
buildings then running the script on what was left might be faster.

I wouldn't like to say I specialize on validating maperthons so much as do
clean ups in ares where they have left their foot print.

Thanks John