[OSM-talk] Could we just pause any wikidata edits for a month or two?

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 15:19:54 UTC 2017

> Why, in this case is it better to have Wikipedia links in OSM point to
> disambiguation page instead of link Hillfort 1 in OSM to Hillfort 1 in
> Wikipedia, link Hillfort 2 accordingly and fix Wikipedia doubts in
> Wikipedia?

  So that the case is not forgotten and fixed properly (i.e. ALL tags
fixed) by people who know how to do it, not by those who are doing
guesswork and just silencing the "qa" script.

  But in general all automated guess-edits are reverted for the time
being because it was clearly stated they are unhelpful and so
unwanted.

--
Tomas