[OSM-talk] Sudden influx of bad HOTosm edits in West Bank

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Mon Oct 30 00:50:43 UTC 2017

Haha I promise I won’t be offended.  I welcome the criticism - this is part of working on something that matters to a lot of people.

Anyway, iD already does train the user in the walkthrough how to assign tags, and iD does warn the user on the save screen if they are uploading untagged features.

So, what would you prefer iD do.. Just not upload untagged things?  We could do this, and I don’t have any strong opinion one way or another.

In the past, the thinking has been that it’s better to accept an imperfect contribution than to turn away an imperfect contributor.   The map is used for a lot of things these days - so maybe we should rethink this as a community how we handle obviously bad edits.

Bryan