[OSM-talk] [HOT] Surveys and studies

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 12:24:09 UTC 2017

Do we want to set up or partner with someone as a partner, as is the
fashionable way these days, our own base survey?

To do it properly it would need some planning.  Alessandro might have some
ideas or contacts.  Note to Alessandro this is very preliminary at the
moment.

As background to the OpenStreetMap mailing group I first posted this on HOT
and the message is below.  We had two researchers doing very similar
questions and neither were getting the number of responses they would like.

Statistics Canada likes to recycle or reuse survey data were possible, its
cheaper than running yet another survey for a start.

The implications need thinking through.

So thoughts?

Cheerio John