[OSM-talk] Name challenge - what to call the new OSM+Wikidata service?

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 13:21:08 UTC 2017

pon, 18. ruj 2017. u 18:55 Oleksiy Muzalyev <oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch>
napisao je:

> It is not bad. But it is centered on two data bases - the Wikidata and the
> OSM. What if in the future there will be more open data sources readily
> available?

 Wikidata already gives you a way to connect its data to any other
database. You already have IMDB id for movies, MusicBrainz artist ID for
music, and so on. Actually, there are 1994 databases connected to Wikidata
right now, growing as we speak. So, if you really need data from these
other databases, WOQ can be your starting connector.

Janko