[OSM-talk] [OSM-legal-talk] Putting simple scripts in the Wiki without violating CC BY-SA 2.0

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Wed Sep 20 01:45:12 UTC 2017

W dniu 20.09.2017 o 03:09, Devon Fyson pisze:
> However on the other hand GitHub is very popular and there would
> likely be poor buy-in if contributors were asked to use a different
> system. Therefore I propose that a new template be made on the wiki
> which is specifically for referring tools in any repository used on
> the OSM database. Those repositories would then be automatically and
> periodically cloned (backed up) to say git.openstreetmaps.org
> <http://git.openstreetmaps.org>.

I would prefer the other way around - to set for example a GitLab
instance on git.openstreetmaps.org <http://git.openstreetmaps.org>
(probably with standard OSM login) and mirror it wherever, including
GitHub. No matter how popular, things can always change, creating a mess
(like MapQuest Open).

--
"Probably it's an eternal problem - too many chiefs, too few Indians" [O. Muzalyev]