[OSM-talk] Adding wikidata tags to the remaining objects with only wikipedia tag

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Wed Sep 20 13:02:38 UTC 2017

I apologize for ignorance, but what is MB? I also did not understand  -
what is more neutral? Adding the wikidata tag or wikipedia & wikimedia tag?

I noticed during disambiguation error corrections that some of these
errors appear when a  Wikipedia article was renamed, but only in the
Wikipedia, and not in the OSM. Wikipedia articles are being renamed
quite often, for example when a town was renamed.

As far as I know wikidata items are not renamed. Wikidata item tag is
only 7 characters, while wikipedia or wikimedia link could be dozens of
characters. So it takes less space in the database, it is easy to
export, etc.

Best regards,
Oleksiy