[OSM-talk] WhatOSM, a guide for contribution tools

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Fri Sep 22 06:12:21 UTC 2017

Good morning Adrien,

I have an idea how to improve it. For example, for this lake
http://projets.pavie.info/pic4carto/index.html?from=1490466554238#17/46.35173/6.79455
I see three photos from Wikimedia category all right.

But I do not see the 1 minute 19 seconds video of this lake in .webm
format, which is also in the lake's Wikimeida category and which was
published on the same date with these photos:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Lac_de_Lovenex

The video files has got the correct coordinates, the same as photos, - I
just verified it.

I checked with another places, which have a video, for instance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac_de_Salanfe . And videos are not shown
on the Pic4Carto. A short HD or 4K video, especially filmed in good
light conditions from the air, provides a lot of details about a place,
what could be sometimes very useful for mapping. By the way, Google Maps
recently also announced that short videos, up to 30 seconds could be
added to its commercial map.

Wikimedia accepts videos only in free .webm format (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebM ).

Best regards,
Oleksiy