[OSM-talk] Downloading Version 3 of all bus stops in a country

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 09:46:33 UTC 2017

Hi Safwat,

Overpass API is definitely your friend. Version 3 doesn't mean much though.
Do you mean all bus stops with a public_transport tag?

I would go about it in a slightly different way and download everything
related to public transport, not just the stops using the query found on
this page:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/PT_Assistant/Mapping_Public_Transport_with_JOSM#Downloading_data

Then load that in PostGIS and create scripts to read GTFS into PostGIS.

Then compare the data in the DB and produce output and ideally a UI.

I started doing something like that here:

https://github.com/osmbe/public_transport

Let me know if you see ways of working on that or another way to tackle the
problem together.

Jo