[OSM-talk] Label language on the Default stylesheet

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 22:26:41 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 26. Sep 2017, at 23:58, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
>
> Wherever I go in the world, I try to make some improvements to OSM. Am
> I then a local mapper? In Jakarta, Doha, Cairo, Larnaca, Istanbul, or
> Warsaw?

IMHO you are a local mapper in places that you know very well, either because you live there or because you have a good reason to go there often, e.g. for work, friendship etc.

Being able to conduct a survey (because you are there and have time and interest) makes your mapping (IMHO) more valuable than that of people remotely mapping without first hand knowledge of the area, but a local? I’d reject this.

Cheers,
Martin