[OSM-talk] Label language on the Default stylesheet

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Sep 26 21:58:04 UTC 2017

On 25 September 2017 at 07:14, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:

> The purpose of the default rendering is to give feedback to mappers.

I'd love to see some stats on how many people visit that map, and their reasons.

Fancy a wager on the percentage that are mappers?

What about people who have no interest in becoming mappers, but whom
we want to convert to being users of OSM data? Or donors of data?

> Preferably local mappers, so having the map rendered in local languages
> shouldn't be a problem.

Wherever I go in the world, I try to make some improvements to OSM. Am
I then a local mapper? In Jakarta, Doha, Cairo, Larnaca, Istanbul, or
Warsaw?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing