[OSM-talk] GDPR introduction

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:10:09 UTC 2018

Thank you those in the LWG that have put this paper together. My thoughts
are OSM's ODBL license grants me the right to publish a version of
http://hdyc.neis-one.org/ open to the public, not restricted to OSM users.
Reading this, I understand the OSMF is proposing to introduce Terms of Use
which take away my rights to use the OpenStreetMap data in ways that were
okay last month, in order to comply with an EU specific law. Would that
eliminate all options for someone outside the EU to publish something like
http://hdyc.neis-one.org/ but open to the public?