[OSM-talk] [Diversity-talk] How do you mapping gender neutral toilets? What should the unisex tag mean?

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Thu Apr 26 07:15:30 UTC 2018

On 26/04/18 01:00, Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
> If most existing data is using unisex to mean "there are both male and
> female toilets", then it doesn't matter one bit what the wiki says.
> Reusing the tag to mean "there are gender-neutral toilets" will cause
> confusion with that existing data.

That's one of my original questions. What (if any) data consumers are
using this data/tags?

If some popular site/app was using it to display a map that's one thing.
If no-one is using the data, and many data contributors (mappers) are
using "unisex=yes" as gender neutral, then it doesn't matter if the wiki
says "it's the same as gender segregated"! 🙂

I haven't found any sites/apps/projects using this data/tags.