[OSM-talk] [Diversity-talk] How do you mapping gender neutral toilets? What should the unisex tag mean?

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:28:53 UTC 2018

> That's one of my original questions. What (if any) data consumers are
using this data/tags?

> If some popular site/app was using it to display a map that's one thing.
If no-one is using the data, and many data contributors (mappers) are
using "unisex=yes" as gender neutral, then it doesn't matter if the wiki
says "it's the same as gender segregated"! 🙂

> I haven't found any sites/apps/projects using this data/tags.

Proud to say, my alma mater University of California, Santa Cruz, has had various versions of its campus map based on OSM, and they highlight gender neutral bathrooms. "unisex=yes" is the tag used there.https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1951346808

The application of the tag is not consistent across the campus, so is a prime location to engage for a mapping effort.
-Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron