[OSM-talk] Name:* tags in the local language

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Thu Apr 26 12:16:10 UTC 2018

W dniu 26.04.2018 o 13:53, Marc Gemis pisze:
> Do you now assume that names in region B outside city C have a
> namehr;nameit in the name tag?

Yes, unless stated otherwise for cities E, F and G.

To be clear: I assume only that if they name:hr=* and name:it=*, both
are official, but that doesn't mean both need to be tagged (one or more
name tag may be just missing).

> That's not how we have done it for Belgium or any street in Brussels.

Isn't it like this:

Country Belgium - official_language=de;fr;nl
Region Brussels-Capital - official_language=fr;nl
City Eupen - official_language=de

What would be wrong with this scheme?

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]