[OSM-talk] Name:* tags in the local language

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 13:36:14 UTC 2018

> Isn't it like this:
>
> Country Belgium - official_language=de;fr;nl
> Region Brussels-Capital - official_language=fr;nl
> City Eupen - official_language=de
>
> What would be wrong with this scheme?

it is only about "official languages" and it would somehow imply we would
not want names added through ground truth for cases where the language the
name is in, would not be recognized as an official language.
I also don't know what this would imply for areas without formal government
/ disputed areas. Whose "official" language would we tag?

Cheers,
Martin