[OSM-talk] [Diversity-talk] How do you mapping gender neutral toilets? What should the unisex tag mean?

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Apr 26 19:55:48 UTC 2018

Somehow I don't see anything on the wiki page that supports this lengthy
thread.

The issue may be that there are (at least) two ways to map a toilet
facility:

- rough, one node or area for the whole thing, indicating that unisex,
female and male apply to the options available within, making it
diffifult to determine what is exactly implied,

- detailed: a node, entrance or room per toilet "room", for which the
three tags make perfect sense.

It would seem that a simple way to make the tagging in the first case
less ambivalent would be to add a tag segregated=yes/no (so a unisex=yes
segregated=yes facility would only have gender specific rooms, with
segregated=no you could expect at least one unisex room).

Simon