[OSM-talk] Is it technically and legally possible to add the Open Location Code to the OSM search?

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 16:37:30 UTC 2018

I would think that if you are in the field, apps like OsmAnd and Maps.ME
can show you the OLC address of where you are.

If you want to see a grid in JOSM or iD, it should be trivial to either
show them as transparent imagery, or in the case of JOSM, have a plugin
draw the grid and show it as an extra layer you can toggle on or off.

I also don't see a reason to add the OLC codes in tags in the database,
even if marked on a building.

If I paint the coordinates of my house on it, are you going to map that
too? And if so, would you add them to lon and lat tags or to addr:housename?

Polyglot