[OSM-talk] Is it technically and legally possible to add the Open Location Code to the OSM search?

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM blake.girardot at hotosm.org
Mon Aug 13 16:21:41 UTC 2018

Hi Tom,

This is an example of the first way I and I think others in the
humanitarian world need to use OLCs to evaluate them for what they can
or can not solve for humanitarian and other use cases:

https://twitter.com/BlakeGirardot/status/1028689726088388609

We need to deal with them at scale, not at the "look up" an individual
address process which is trivial to solve.

That is really the first step, for folks to learn the grid and it's
inherent scale steps and how that translates into OLC codes of various
lengths.

Cheers,
blake