[OSM-talk] AI detecting of buildings Idle thoughts

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Thu Aug 16 09:26:30 UTC 2018

On Thursday 16 August 2018, Warin wrote:

> As that particular mapper has local knowledge on their side I'd not
> challenge them.

Why not?

I would love to see some ground level or aerial/satellite images
documenting the verifiability of those outlines.

The good thing about verifiability and the core of OpenStreetMap in
general is that you don't have to trust some imagined authority about
the data, you can independently verify it.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume in such cases
they are just ignorant of these principles or do not get why they are
important but with organized efforts like this i can't help but get the
impression there is a certain amount of malice to sabotage or at least
an excessive amount of carelessness.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/