[OSM-talk] Representing places with no housenumber

Nelson A. de Oliveira naoliv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 21:47:23 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Christoph Hormann <osm at imagico.de> wrote:
> You probably have to give a real world example since i have no idea if
> you want to say you have a building with a unique address consisting of
> addr:street and addr:postcode (could be if there is only one building
> at this street or with this postcode) or if you want to defend
> pointless or non-verifiable tagging of addr:street for buildings
> without a unique address.

You know that we live in a heterogeneous world with many oddities and
peculiarities, that what makes sense in one country or region may not
make sense in another, that these definitions are beyond our control
and that we are only trying to represent what exists in the real
world, right?

But for example, multiple government offices are listed in this page
https://www.ma.gov.br/contatos/ and some, despite having a proper
address, don't have a housenumber (where "S/N" is the abbreviation for
"sem nĂºmero" = "no number")