[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] Candidate's views? Re: Board decision on Crimea complaint

Guillaume Rischard openstreetmap at stereo.lu
Tue Dec 11 13:56:24 UTC 2018

Hi Oleksiy,

Thank you. Yes, nobody wants anyone to end up in prison for using OSM.

I know at least two local sites that render their country’s borders differently, https://openstreetmap.in <https://openstreetmap.in/> (Kashmir borders rendered differently) and http://openstreetmap.rs/ <http://openstreetmap.rs/> (Kosovo borders not rendered at all).

Rory’s proposal, https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Mapping_disputed_boundaries <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Mapping_disputed_boundaries> , seems to be going in the right direction. The Kosovo community seems cool with it. I wonder what the Ukrainian community thinks of it, and whether anyone would like to create a Ukrainian rendering based on it.

I’m not sure we have tags for road blocks like these? In that last link you posted, it sounds like no tagging schema could have helped those poor fishermen with engine troubles.

Guillaume