[OSM-talk] Board decision on Crimea complaint

Guillaume Rischard openstreetmap at stereo.lu
Tue Dec 11 15:43:43 UTC 2018

> On 11 Dec 2018, at 14:41, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> no, you could ask a diplomat of a country (or other parts of their government) whom they recognize, or look up their public statements, these are not secondary sources like wikipedia seems to prefer (I think), but it would be verifiable (repeatable) in the real world.

A frequent game in Kosovo-Serbia relations is played around claims related to this issue. Does Papua New Guinea recognise Kosovo? Did Sao Tome and Principe ever? A massive amount of work goes into creating something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_recognition_of_Kosovo#Withdrawn_recognition <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_recognition_of_Kosovo#Withdrawn_recognition> , and if you ask diplomats how many countries recognise Kosovo, the most prudent will not give you a number but an approximation.

Guillaume