[OSM-talk] Grab using OSM Data for route preview

Ervin Malicdem schadow1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 08:33:47 UTC 2018

They have been known NOT to attribute OSM since over 4 years back. [1]
Unfortunately, our community leaders back then is more assertive in
other ways than those who potentially violate the attribution guidelines.

They were notified but instead of replying back for a resolution, they
ceased using the map and got back to Google Maps.

It is a good thing though that they are now considering going back to the
community by being a corporate member to the foundation. Probably they have
already realized the importance of crowd source and open data to their
business model.

I just hoped before they were given a seat as part of OSMF's ADVISORY
board, these issues had been handled. 500 euros seems to clear all that
history so soon.

But still, the issue remains that when the community does not care about
these violations, then we are prone to such instance over and over. Thanks
for seeing that this get to be known Mishari!

[1] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ph/2014-July/005207.html

Ervin M.
*Schadow1 Expeditions* - A Filipino must not be a stranger to his own
motherland.
http://www.s1expeditions.com