[OSM-talk] Grab using OSM Data for route preview

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 10:46:00 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 22. Dec 2018, at 22:55, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
>
> But just as clear we (as in the LWG) do not engage actively in
> enforcement except when community level activities do not lead to the
> required result (obviously anything else would not scale). Please feel
> free to engage Die Zeit and if you do not get a satisfactory response
> you can submit a properly documented case to the LWG and we will, time
> permitting, take action.

In this case we’re not discussing a single user (die Zeit) but the general default system of attribution from a third party service, like here those based on Mapbox. It is the mapbox default to require, on small screens, a click to see the osm attribution, but not for the mapbox trademark and logo, which are displayed in all circumstances. It seems more straightforward to fix this upstream rather than asking a myriad of downstream users to patch it. As it is with one of our most prominent users, maybe this specific issue should be discussed on the board?

Cheers, Martin