[OSM-talk] Roundabouts - why is a separate segment required?

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 14 16:39:29 UTC 2018

I think I have read it correctly.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5408566797

It is easy to determine this shared node is part of the roundabout as
well as the entrance from Wapping & can exit along Commercial, or if
required, continue around the roundabout:
How is this different from, say, two side roads joining a main road at
the same node?,

Or even cross-roads. The router has to check to find out what road it's
crossing & find the appropriate exit, which, in the case of cross-roads,
will be on the same node.

DaveF