[OSM-talk] Roundabouts - why is a separate segment required?

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 14 16:50:57 UTC 2018

Based on my experiences with mkgmap it's not so much a routing problem
as a navigation problem. The router will pick the correct path through
the graph but the translation to "human instructions" get confused, like
the exit numbers and the way the roundabouts display. Turning right at a
roundabout, i.e. taking the third exit, might show as straight on and
the instructions may refer to the first exit.