[OSM-talk] Automatically generated changeset discussion comments by OSMCha

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jan 17 09:46:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 17.01.2018 09:28, Marco wrote:
> It's like clapping
> your hands to the supermarket cashier every time he/she prints you the
> receipt.

I had to smile at that one.

I think users should either be able to opt out of automatically
generated changeset comments, or perhaps such changeset comments should
only ever be generated to users who have actively opted in (the "review
requested" could be interpreted as an opt-in even though it doesn't
exactly mean that).

> 2) I've always been using the "changesets w/comments" line of the HDYC
> page to double check suspicious mappers. Usually a mapper with a ton of
> commented changesets was to consider suspicious, from now on this osmcha
> feature is going to add a crazy amount of positive/useless comments

Could auto-generated changeset comments be marked as such, so that HDYC
could ignore them or at least treat them as less relevant?

Bye
Frederik