[OSM-talk] User deleting abandoned and rejected proposals on the wiki

Michael Reichert osm-ml at michreichert.de
Wed Jul 25 15:46:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

I (Mateusz Konieczny was faster) found a user who removes all content
from abandoned and rejected proposal pages on the wiki and adds the
Delete template. It's the template asking a administrator to delete the
page. I think that our admins are clever enough to not blindly follow
these requests but his edits cause unnecessary workload for them and
make it difficult to use the wiki.

I would appreciate it if someone else reading this email could comment
on his talk page. Maybe we are able to convince him why he is wrong.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User_talk:Adamant1

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Adamant1

These are some of the affected wiki pages:

*Proposal pages*
Proposed features/Adult services ‎(shop=adult and other, has not reached
RFC for 8 years)
Proposed features/parking aisle (highway=parking_aisle, rejected, has
become obselete by service=parking_aisle)
Proposed features/Bag shop (shop=bag, tag in use, proposal abandoned)
Proposed features/boat=private (boat=private, has not reached RFC since
2008)
Proposed features/Marked trail (marked_trail=<color>, has not reached
RFC since 2008/2009)
Proposed_features/Fire_Hydrant (amenity=fire_hydrant, rejected in 2010,
12,000–14,000 objects from 2010 to 2015 in the database)
Proposed features/Driving pleasure (Driving_pleasure=1/2/3/4/5,
cancelled in 2010)
Proposed_features/agricultural_access (access=agricultural, proposal
never left draft state but 120,000 objects in the database)
Proposed_features/4th_Dimension (incomplete proposal from 2009 but long
discussion page)

*Documentation and other pages about "outdated software"
- Potlatch_1/Development_overview/GPS_tracks
- a lot of pages about Kosmos (predecessor of Maperitive), mainly
rendering rules

*Old events*
South_East_London_Mapping_Party (mapping party in 2008)

Best regards

Michael