[OSM-talk] User deleting abandoned and rejected proposals on the wiki

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:52:30 UTC 2018

What's wrong with cleaning up the wiki?

Nothing, but, in my view that is different from removing obsolete or
rejected pages.

What would be useful, is to clearly mark all such material clearly.

But I would keep it for a number of reasons:

- you come across a "strange" tagging which is only documented in such
pages. Often useful for understanding the purpose of the tags.

- you are about to make proposal for tagging some feature. It is useful to
be able to find abandoned or refused tagging approaches in that context.

- someone is making the same (refused or abandoned) proposal again)

The wiki is in that sense also a historic repository.

What one could think about is to create a separate section "abandoned or
refused" pages in the wiki.

Volker
Italy