[OSM-talk] Open sourcing of POI pictures for OSM App/STAPPZ - Feedback and ideas wanted

Tim Frey tim.frey at iunera.com
Tue May 15 08:53:24 UTC 2018

Hello Milo,

thanks a lot for your long and detailed feedback. I appreciate that a lot.

The use cases you described with waste, hazards and so on are interesting – for such cases, we implemented a first version to tag posts… so in theory it would be possible with the current API.

My key thought is: How and where do we get more users who tell the stories and get started with this? Someone has suggestions?

The POI database – my original key thought was to link the OSM POIs like fountains, restaurants – barely everything to descriptions and pictures to provide the most value added to the community.
I’m not certain if this is what you meant by sustainable development goals. Therefore, please elaborate if I got this right?

Best
Tim