[OSM-talk] More secondary attributes for schools

Gaurav Thapa gthapa.work at gmail.com
Sun May 27 10:47:32 UTC 2018

 Recently, in Nepal we have been getting more and more requests from
government and private schools to be able to upload more information about
their schools to OSM. These in particular include detailed data such as
number of boys in grade 1, number of girls in grade 5 and number of
permanent staff etc. This data is nationally collected every year by
schools and are seen as valuable in letting schools, communities and
districts know where there are failing girls in the education ladder or to
just understanding general diversity in schools.

I was initially planning on posting this in the Nepal talk list but decided
that this might be something other countries might be interested in as well
hence sharing it here. Current, tags that I have found are more generic
such as isced:levels=* and grades=*. Do you suggest that we propose tags
specifically to Nepal or do you even think data such as this should be in
OSM?

Gaurav Thapa
OSM Nepal Volunteer