[OSM-talk] 3rd party API integration

Sebastian Kürten sebastian.kuerten at fu-berlin.de
Sat Nov 17 16:01:21 UTC 2018

Hi John,

yes indeed such references are not visible on a rendered map, but that
is true for many kinds of information stored in OSM. As you point out
this is more interesting for other types of data consumers such as
mobile apps. Website links are a great example for linked content as
well. Now that I'm thinking about it, telephone numbers and Wikipedia
references are of a similar type that can be easily used by app users.
I'm just looking for more examples to get an idea of what people are
doing already to connect OSM with other services, especially via APIs.

Thanks,
Sebastian