[OSM-talk] OSMF silently sides with Russia?

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Tue Nov 20 18:56:41 UTC 2018

On Tuesday 20 November 2018, Tomas Straupis wrote:
> > How should we decide which way to map disputed borders?!
>
>   As it was mapped a week ago: BOTH ways (included in BOTH country
> polygons).

This is not a workable approach as an universal rule.  The volume of
boundary relation overlap world wide would be enormeous.  You would
have a significant number of boundaries that have no practical meaning
today.  Some countries have pretty excessive claims.  Formally Taiwan
(the ROC) claims all of the PRC for example.  It is also completely
non-verifiable (anyone can claim something is theirs).

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/