[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Carto release v4.17.0

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Fri Nov 23 00:55:48 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Today, v4.17.0 of the OpenStreetMap Carto stylesheet (the default
stylesheet on the OSM website) has been released. Once changes are
deployed on the openstreetmap.org it will take couple of days before
all tiles show the new rendering.

Changes include

- Showing natural areas from z5
- Cleaning up medium zoom rendering, including:
  - Making societal amenities look like residential on z10-z12
  - Rendering motorway junction names from z13 instead of z12
  - Dropping buildings up to z13 instead of z13
  - Correctly dropping minor waterways from z13
  - Rendering intermittent streams/ditches/drains from z15
  - Reducing lightening of tramways
- Rendering religious landuse and place of worship lighter
- Adding text-repeat-distance for highway names
- Rendering dots for gastronomy objects on z17
- Adding icons for memorial subtags
- Rendering man_made=telescope
- Rendering amenity=internet_cafe
- Adding icon for amenity=public_bookcase
- Adding icons for barrier=cattle_grid and barrier=stile
- Adding icon for leisure=fishing
- Rendering entrance for underground parking
- Rendering basin=detention/infiltration as intermittent water
- Tweaking outline of swimming pools and rendering it from z17
- Moving danger_area into landuse-overlay
- Buildings code rewrite

Thanks to all the contributors for this release including jeisenbe, a
new contributor.

For a full list of commits, see
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/compare/v4.16.0...v4.17.0

As always, we welcome any bug reports at
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues

--
"Excuse me, I have some growing up to do" [P. Gabriel]