[OSM-talk] iD influencing tagging

John Whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 12:43:14 UTC 2019

I note that the matter has been raised in talk-de and mentioned in osm
weekly.

Tagging is not always easy, but I do have concerns when iD is so
commonly used but the recommended tags do not align with OpenStreetMap
I'll say normals.

Specifically one of my concerns is a semi-detached house is not
recognised in iD only the more general tag house.

JOSM I think is much more open than iD but given the way OpenStreetMap
functions I suspect ID is a much more closed environment.

For example JOSM has the buildings_tool plugin, Africa has a large
number of odd shaped buildings mapped in iD.

Thoughts ladies and gentlemen?

Thanks John

--
Sent from Postbox