[OSM-talk] Software configuration | Re: iD influencing tagging

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Apr 11 08:10:27 UTC 2019

Apr 11, 2019, 9:17 AM by yuriastrakhan at gmail.com:

>  Worst case scenario: someone breaks a preset - with so many eyes on them (exposed via wiki pages, used by all editors, monitored via numerous tools, cross-checked by validation queries, etc etc etc), it will be fixed within minutes.

In case of presets I see problem not with vandalism but with divergent opinions where both sides
have good intentions.

Also, presets are closer to infrastructure like
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Citation_needed&action=edit <https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Citation_needed&action=edit>
that on attempt to edit gets it is a "cascade-protected page, therefore only administrators can edit it."
rather than article pages.