[OSM-talk] problems with differential update?

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 12 08:16:02 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-12 09:52, Simon Poole wrote:
> Am 12.04.2019 um 08:26 schrieb Maarten Deen:
>>
>> Does the determination in java follow the same rules (or even the same
>> library) as file(1)? In its manpage it says
>>> file tests each argument in an attempt to classify it. There are
>>> three sets of tests, performed in this order: filesystem tests, magic
>>> tests, and language tests. The first test that succeeds causes the
>>> file type to be printed.
>>
>> Is there any similarity in the first bytes of the zipped file?
>>
> This would be a valid question except: I hardwired the decompression
> type to GZip yesterday in a test version of osmosis and still got the
> error and as said a test program using the same methods decompresses
> the
> file just fine.

That is interesting. I don't know how the unzipping is done in osmosis,
but if it is still a java call (now hardwired to use gzip, I assume the
executable, not a built in library), could it not be that java still
tries to figure out what kind of file it is and fails because of that?

Regards,
Maarten