[OSM-talk] FCC public documents license and submarine cables mapping

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 13:49:27 UTC 2019

 Hi all

Well, these are great inputs so thank you

I agree that the document were committed by Google to FCC.

Le dim. 14 avr. 2019 à 10:51, Kathleen Lu via talk <talk at openstreetmap.org>
a écrit :

> For Berne counties, I think it technically depends on where the
> "infringement" takes place, whatever that would mean in this scenario, but
> the idea that Google would go to another country to spend $$$ to sue over
> this one line is preposterous to me.
> Let me put it this way: I would be comfortable taking the "risk" myself.

Indeed, and furthermore "A cable is coming between A and B" sounds like
public information since Google and third parties published about it.
Drawing a pretty straight line between landing points won't sounds like
copyright violation.

This is not so clear for landing paths between beach to stations, until we
see technicians rolling out the cable, let's try to be there at the right
time

All the best

François