[OSM-talk] An Archive namespace for the OSM wiki?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Apr 20 08:02:34 UTC 2019

Apr 20, 2019, 9:10 AM by jochen at remote.org:

> On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 11:07:45PM +0200, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>
>> Apr 19, 2019, 11:01 PM by >> jochen at remote.org <mailto:jochen at remote.org>>> :
>>
>> > One problem with the wiki is that you can't find current stuff because
>> > of all the old stuff in there. Deleting helps. Marking them as obsolete
>> > doesn't.
>> >
>> Can you give example of situation where this is a problem?
>> With pages properly marked as obsolete it should add single click.
>>

> Go to wiki.osm.org. Type "GPS" into the search field and look at the
> suggestions:

What you expect to find by searching for "GPS"? The problem
is not that there are searches that will return many archive pages
(I guess that "rejected" will get plenty of failed proposals), but
that someone is searching for something specific and unable to find
it due to large number of archived pages.