[OSM-talk] An Archive namespace for the OSM wiki?

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sat Apr 20 08:27:13 UTC 2019

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 10:02:34AM +0200, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> What you expect to find by searching for "GPS"? The problem
> is not that there are searches that will return many archive pages
> (I guess that "rejected" will get plenty of failed proposals), but
> that someone is searching for something specific and unable to find
> it due to large number of archived pages.

Exactly. I expect to find information about GPS, about GPS use in OSM,
about GPS receivers, about software to work with GPS traces, etc. So I
expect to find exactly what I found. Except that I expect to find 10
useful pages, not 5. If the outdated pages were not there, who knows
what useful pages I might have found!

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  https://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688