[OSM-talk] Minutely update server slow?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sat Apr 20 18:03:48 UTC 2019

I run a personal tile server for the entire planet and have it
configured with minutely updates downloaded by osmosis.  Over the past
few days, I've noticed that my updates are falling behind and
subsequently noticed in the osmosis.log file that it is taking a LONG
time to download 4-6 hours of minutely diffs.  This usually took 5-10
minutes, but recently it takes 45 minutes to an hour. And sometimes
osmosis times out completely.

Here's my osmosis configuration.txt file if that helps.

> # The URL of the directory containing change files.
> baseUrl=https://planet.openstreetmap.org/replication/minute
>
> # Defines the maximum time interval in seconds to download in a single
> invocation.
> # Setting to 0 disables this feature.
> maxInterval = 21600

Anyone else seeing slow minutely diff downloads?

Lynn (D)

PS.  Here's the munin rdnerd Data import lag daily and weekly graphs:

Data import lag

Data import lag