[OSM-talk] Facebook mapping highways using AI in collaboration with OpenStreetMap

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 22:27:47 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 1. Aug 2019, at 23:54, Nuno Caldeira <nunocapelocaldeira at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> About this lovely OSMF corporate member, 9 months since i asked https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2019-June/082702.html them to fix attribution and they are still attributing OSM maps to HERE. a round of applause for this outstanding support and example of OSM data usage by an OSMF member.

you are right that this is indeed an open issue, and it is a pity we have not read a word from the foundation about this. Shall we simply tolerate their abuse, of wouldn’t it be an option to at least suspend their membership if they continue to systematically ignore the attribution requirements?

Cheers Martin