[OSM-talk] Facebook mapping highways using AI in collaboration with OpenStreetMap

Nuno Caldeira nunocapelocaldeira at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 21:54:04 UTC 2019

i agree with Kathleen here, we don't need their junk POIs. Actually we
shouldn't have anything to do with companies that uses OSM the way they
do without complying with the license and OSMF guidelines. This is still
to be taken into consideration
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2019-June/082653.html

About this lovely OSMF corporate member, 9 months since i asked
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2019-June/082702.html
them to fix attribution and they are still attributing OSM maps to HERE.
a round of applause for this outstanding support and example of OSM data
usage by an OSMF member.

Video capture of app their Local app https://www.facebook.com/local/ (i
meant to say "my contributions", not "my attributions" during the video
capturing): https://youtu.be/Ah9FyiT6JKk

My contributions on OSM displayed on the
videohttps://www.openstreetmap.org/way/448052037#map=17/32.64575/-16.90531

Cable car https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/25975745

HERE map at same location
https://wego.here.com/?map=32.64615,-16.90117,17,public_transport

Feel free to check your location and your edits on OSM being credited to
HERE and share them here (i mean on the mailing list, not HERE).