[OSM-talk] Just email direclty | Re: Sharing, Facebook, mapwithai_feedback

Nuno Caldeira nunocapelocaldeira at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 17:27:20 UTC 2019

Às 17:56 de 06/08/2019, Kathleen Lu escreveu:
> **Just a fyi that Dristie is a woman. She was at SotM last year and
> quite nice to chat with.
>
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 1:22 AM stevea <steveaOSM at softworkers.com
> <mailto:steveaOSM at softworkers.com>> wrote:
>

>     SteveA
>
>     > On Aug 5, 2019, at 11:55 PM, Rory McCann <rory at technomancy.org
>     <mailto:rory at technomancy.org>> wrote:
>     >
>     > I think we'll just have to CC osm at fb.com <mailto:osm at fb.com> and
>     forward all replies to this list. Facebook won't engage.

If it's fragmented, it's not our fault, we already have our community
communications established for years. Even newer ways of communications
(like Telegram groups) are well documented.

About not being heard, did the electronic postman lost my emails to
osm at fb.com of the 10th of October 2018, the one from 6th of December
2018 (which i CC to legal at osmfoundation.org,
legal-questions at osmfoundation.org) and the one from 6th of January 2019
(also CC to Mapbox, legal at osmfoundation.org,
legal-questions at osmfoundation.org)?

I don't buy that talk, not replying to emails asking for simple things
and ignoring is bad. Worst, some things are still like they were months
ago. As example OSM maps being attributed to HERE.

Actions speaker louder than words.

There's nothing complex, the license, guidelines are well explicit and
they are even Corporate Members of OSMF, they surely are aware of how to
proceed. Ignoring emails for months is not building bridges. Also has
Facebook legal dept managed to review our attribution issue? That's what
they said to me on October 2018 (10 months ago). Do we really need to
send for legal review, when as OSMF corporate members they must:

https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Corporate_Members