[OSM-talk] Attribution guideline status update

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Aug 10 10:42:39 UTC 2019

On 09.08.19 16:35, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I wonder if we could perhaps get rid of the "Contributors" mention
> altogether.

This idea makes a lot of sense. Especially as both the guideline draft
and the current FAQ already allow this "if space is limited":

> Because OpenStreetMap is its contributors, you may omit the word
> "contributors" if space is limited

So aside from making it much less awkward to attribute OSM in
non-English or multilingual contexts, this change would also simplify
the rules a bit and remove one source of ambiguity. I like it!

Tobias