[OSM-talk] Announcing the Tabang-AI initiative

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 17:44:18 UTC 2019

Hi Marc,

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 7:36 PM marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> could you share a link that shows that it is the local community that
> solicited facebook as the wiki page claims and not facebook that invents
> a collaboration to "whashing" their wishs ? given the frequent issues
> (about both the quality and the lack of collaboration and opt-in from
> the local communities where it took place before), it seems important to
> me not to repeat this error

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with a link since we communicated with
Facebook's OSM team privately. This is completely our own initiative and
was not initiated from Facebook's side.

I completely understand your concern regarding Facebook's actions
especially with the problems and issues encountered by the local mapping
community in Thailand. As such, we stipulated with Facebook that any
mapping in the Philippines will only be done by local mappers and not by
Facebook's map team.

Cheers,
Eugene