[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Carto release v4.22.0

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Wed Aug 28 06:13:13 UTC 2019

Good morning,

Thank you for the information.

I did not understand these two changes. I would like to see an example
on the map or/and read a wiki article about the building label, the shop
label, and the ST_PointOnSurface.

In the two following articles:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:shop
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Shops
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building

there is neither word "label", nor "ST_PointOnSurface". I would like to
learn about it and, probably, use it.

As for layers with attachments, - I guess it does not concern mapping
itself, but it's something related to a technical side of rendering.
Probably, a layer has got some PNG image files, which are used in icons
or displaying certain areas, and they will be cached in the visitors'
browsers.

Best regards,
Oleksiy (Alex-7 @ OSM)